I have wanted to build a stave snare drum for a while but I wanted to try something new. I cut out 60 of these birch staves on the laser then glued the first 20 together to form the outer shell. After that I glued the next set of 20 on the inside of the first 20 but I offset them which formed a pocked for me to fill with resin. I did that one more time then rounded the drum revealing the resin inside the pockets. Now it was no different from any other drum shell and I routed the bearing edge then drilled all my holes. All the hardware came from a broken Slingerland drum I got for cheap. This was just a proof of concept and i liked it so much im working on another one made from maple which will have a build video on my youtube channel to go along with it.