Birthdays & Celebrations Calendar

For 2021, I really want to stay in touch and be proactive about reaching out for special events like birthdays so I made this special calendar. Super easy design, it brightens up the wall in my kitchen and I’m reminded every day of the special people in my life.

Two main takeaways: 1) I can’t take on any more friends with August birthdays (or the cat will have an easy-to-reach tag or two), and 2) June is apparently a bad month to reproduce.

34 Likes

That turned out really nice :slight_smile: I was just thinking of making something like this for my mom.

3 Likes

That is really cool. What did you use for hooks?

2 Likes

Copper wire. I made a jig out of a few layers of draft board with two rows of 1/4" holes for dowels. Wire wraps around each dowel and on to the next and the next and the next etc. Made 50 hooks in probably 10 minutes.

3 Likes

Thats a great ideal. Thanks

1 Like

Josh gets to feel special :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s really cool.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Thank you for sharing, I think I could put that to use myself for a few projects.

1 Like

Very cool! That certainly looks like a very busy August!

2 Likes

More like a busy November lol

1 Like

You just gave me a great idea to make one like this for the students at my school. They would love seeing their names and birthdays displayed like this!

5 Likes

Wow, this is a great idea!!

1 Like

NIce idea and design!

1 Like

Well see, now you’ll have to remake it with Early August and Late August on it :slight_smile:

What I really like about this is not that it reminds you of dates, but that it reminds you of your friends

3 Likes

Very practical. It does get complicated if you manage to live long enough.
Wife has it all memorized (somehow) while I usually forget my own.
Your solution would work fine and is even easy to modify as the years go by. Good job.

7 Likes

They would love that. And you could give them their tags at the end of the year as a keepsake.

1 Like

Nice work! I really like the wire jig. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Very nice! I love these.