Black Hard Coat anodized aluminum

The wallet is about .75" thick. If the picture I attached works you should be able to see slight evidence of where i tried to mark my phone number. The horizontal one should have been between the blue dashes, the angled one centered between the blue dots.

It is possible it was too low. I was doing different sized pieces and I never got an alarm until I tried a 3/4" piece of wood, at which point it told me 1/2" thick max with the tray and 1.5"-2" without the tray.

It seems odd there is a 1" gap there where nothing would technically work properly without a gap. I guess people just use wood blocks or something to stack it to within the proper distance from the laser?

The Glowforge has a 1/2" focus range. With the honeycomb tray in place, you can engrave items up to 1/2" thick. Wihout the honeycomb tray, the surface to be engraved must be between 1.5" and 2" from the floor of the Glowforge. There are numerous files available in the forum for making items to elevate materials. You can also use anything handy.

1 Like