Bluetooth Speaker Enclosure

I have been waiting three days for the danish oil, so that I could assemble this. Now I can post the results.

About $10 in parts for the speakers, wires, and bluetooth module.

The wood is PureBond Columbia Forest plywood (maybe Red Oak???).

I had done a design earlier in Adobe Illustrator for thicker wood and had been avoid doing it again for thinner wood. So last weekend I spent some time using Cuttle to convert my design.

(thanks @forresto for the isometric visualization)

Once I converted it was easy to resize for the wood.

45 Likes

This is great, how does it sound? Also do you mind sharing where and what parts you used? Like links to them.

6 Likes

That is a very attractive speaker enclosure. Thank you for sharing it.

6 Likes

It’s wonderful!!

3 Likes

Ooh, nice job!

3 Likes

I like that you used single large tabs for the box that adds to the look of the project. Where did you find the electronics?

4 Likes

I extended the front tab so that I could change out the frame.

These two are the HD reversible whiteboard/chalkboard

Proofgrade White Acrylic

Proofgrade Fluorescent Green Acrylic
I thought it was going to be really slick, but I didn’t think it through.You can see the speaker cloth.

10 Likes

Now what is the difference between the Danish oil you ordered vs say something bought at Lowes/local hardware store?

2 Likes

I ordered five different modules. This one was the easiest to work with.

5volt Bluetooth Module
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AAQBFg

The speakers I had on hand. But these are the same size.
4ohm 3watt speakers
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AnxPOm

I tested it on the table and these sound pretty bad, but once I got them into the enclosure they are way better. I tried to upload a video of it playing and it was flagged for copyright (Ramones). I am not an audio person, so I am not a great judge. MP3, CD, Flac, AAC, WAV all sound the same to me.

9 Likes

Ha ha. It took three days to cure.

I got a can from Home Depot.

4 Likes

This looks really great.

3 Likes

Oh, that is very nice indeed. Great project and would make great gifts. Thanks for sharing your process!

1 Like

So cool!!

1 Like

What an adorable speaker!

1 Like