Boeing F4B

Made a Boeing F4B, USS Lexington 1932, Fighting Squadron VF-2, on Glowforge Plus Laser Machine, decoupage on Medium and Thick Maple plywoood, C

lear acrylic for propellor.

39 Likes

Nicely done. I like the finishes and paint job.

7 Likes

Thanks dklgood.

5 Likes

Great job!

5 Likes

Thanks, ellencadwell.

5 Likes

Wow, this looks great!

4 Likes

Awesome!!! I love tiny planes! This is great!

6 Likes

Thanks Aloha.

4 Likes

Thanks rvogt.

4 Likes

I like the idea of doing decoupage on laser projects. Does the color scheme have meaning?

5 Likes

Really great project!

3 Likes

Thanks hansepe. - The colour scheme shows the squadron identity markings for U. S. Navy squadron V2 aboard USS Lexington aircraft carrier . - that is how U. S. military aircraft were painted before the Second World War. I design the color scheme in Adobe Illustrator, then print it onto Epson A4 self-adhesive paper, which is then stuck onto Glowforge proof plywood, for laser cutting on a Glowforge machine.

7 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I couldnā€™t have picked that out as a Navy color scheme.

How are you aligning the paper to the plywood? Eyeball or a different trick?

1 Like

I ine up the self-adgesive paper with the top edge of the Glowforge 12 x 20 plywood, then I line up the cutline (which I create in Illustrator), with the printed design, by using ā€˜Set Focusā€™ and moving the cutline to the correct position over the printed design,with the arrow keys on my keyboard, so that the cutline lines up with the printed design. For the reverse side, I draw aa verical line on the paper, net to the design, and mark where it comes on the top edge of the plywood - then I stick the reverse of the design to the othger side of the plywood, so that the reverse line lines up with the l.ine on the front - I have already used the ā€˜Reflectā€™ tool in Ilustrator, so the reverse line, when reflected, will line up with the front. Iā€™m sorry that may not be very clear explanatiion.

6 Likes

The upper side of the lower wing is just grey (as in the photo) the underside of the lower wing has ā€œU.S. NAVYā€ on grey backround.

3 Likes

That works. Thank you

2 Likes