Book nook!

Ooh, this is going to be so lovely!!!

1 Like

@cutloosetheties How did you do the texturing… specifically the brick wall and the front of the book nook?

Raster engraves for both? The front looks like a pretty deep engraving.

1 Like

The wall is a combo, I used a photo to engrave it and then used vectors engraved over it for the stone outlines. The front plate is several different photos pieced together in Photoshop before engraving, I wasn’t happy with how to leaves turned out so I’ve since redone those. We should have a completely updated version of the whole thing done this week with more textures on more surfaces and more trees and things. I’ll post updated pictures once it’s done!

We’ve got this engineered such that it should be easy for us to make them over and over again, thinking about maybe doing a kickstarter or something to see if there is any interest out there.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Very cool effect.

Very nice!

Update! We’re now in the midst of assembling the final version of everything. This is the 3rd assembly, but we’ve settled on final designs for all of it at last. We’re going to assemble this one then we will assemble a fully painted version. We’ve also decided that we are definitely going to do a kickstarter for these! I’ll post more pictures when it’s fully assembled, there’s a lot of details that aren’t in place yet in these pictures.

16 Likes

Very creative. I enjoy seeing your work.

2 Likes

Thank you! We’ve tried to take full advantage of this whole shelter in place time.

3 Likes

That’s adorable already!

2 Likes

Haha, just wait until you see it all put together, there’s so much more detail!

1 Like

I love what you are doing to this! So much texture!

1 Like

Took some pictures yesterday of our near-final version! Very happy with how this has turned out, only took 3 solid months of work. :sweat_smile: We also created a little mini version, just cause. :man_shrugging:

Uploading: IMG_4169.JPG… Uploading: IMG_4198.JPG…

17 Likes

That is so very cool and adorable and intriguing!

1 Like

I would love if this file was available for purchase! Amazing imagination! Awesome work!

Sounds like you’ll have a chance at buying this.

I would like to buy the file, not the product. I love the cutting and assembling.

Sounds like they’re not offering the file. They have no online store referenced in their profile and this is not the free laser category, so you may be out of luck.

1 Like

Yea… I kinda figured. It is a lot of design work and I would love to have it, but it is alright. Lol

So just do it? The basic concepts are not that hard. the lighting is tricky but even if you have the design, it would still be the same.

I think, if I’m not mistaken, that they sold this product on kickstarter, so doubt they are selling the files for others to make.