Book nook!

First post! After doing the required learning projects like a sign for the powder room, we started working on our first real project, a booknook. Most booknooks rely on architecture to make it easier (straight lines and all that) but we decided to take a different tact and went for a fae forest! Still a long way to go but it’s getting there. Engraving can truly get some amazing results.

81 Likes

Very nice! I think some LED lights in it would look awesome!

1 Like

Agreed! I have plans to put LED lights in a few places as well as resin water in the river bed among other fun details. :smiley:

1 Like

Great! I planned on doing something similar with only draft board and acrylic for some D&D maps. I have never used resin before and the little bit I would need would pop better with blue acrylic.

1 Like

Neat! I will be excited to watch your progress.

1 Like

Beautiful already.

1 Like

Awesome results :slight_smile:

This is so cool! I would love to do one of these. Can’t wait to see more of your work.

2 Likes

This is going to be amazing! Be sure to show us when you are done!

2 Likes

Wow - amazing!

2 Likes

Awesome first post!!! It looks really awesome!

2 Likes

Really nice! if there were trees on the right on top of mirror acrylic or even above a “wall” it would open up the space to be a real forest :grin:

This is so fun! Can’t wait to see the finished version!

1 Like

Great work! These are about to be the next big thing. Tested has just released a vid on making these as well as a “base” template.

My brain is itching a bit on how these two photos fit together… The door I see in the back wall, is on the left side of the put together piece pictured separately?

1 Like

It is! The mirror in the back makes it visible since it’s hidden behind that tree on the left. Figuring out how to have details that are only visible in the reflection in order to give the illusion of greater depth has been one of the trickier bits.

1 Like

DUH! “Lamont! You big dummy!” Got it! Fanfriggintastic!

2 Likes

Here’s the Tested vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfhv9EuJ03E

3 Likes

I was watching that, pretty cool! Though I must admit that a similar design was actually the next one that I was thinking of making… :sob:

2 Likes

Very creative. Love it.

1 Like

absolutely spectacular. I have to admit, I did not understand the scale. I thought it was a nook where you could go to read books, an escape for kids, taking up a closet.
I did not realize it sits in a book shelf until I saw the tested video.

Really cool!

1 Like