Bookmark Blanks from Cards Of Wood

My wife bought me a bunch of blank bookmarks and business cards from https://www.cardsofwood.com. They are 0.027" thick and engrave and cut nicely. We got the “mixed species” bundle and we have birch, oak, walnut, birch here. A quick burn, a coat of polyurethane, a light rub on a paper bag and instant custom mini gifts. They are 6x2 inches. Most of the egrave was 500/15. I might have bumped some of the text to 500/20 on the oak and walnut. The very thin pokemon was done at 500/30. The cut was 500/100 (and likely could have been faster). Guess I could have seen what proofgrade veneers are set to.

Definitely tape these down…

My wife’s ulterior motive for the gift is that she would like a batch of a TBD design to be made for one of her quilt guilds to celebrate an anniversary. That will likely be my first big batch run when I have the design ready.

I suspect that the costs would work out similar using the proof grade veneers, but as it was a gift I am not going to do the math just yet :slight_smile:

39 Likes

Chuckle! I love the “Knit Happens” one! Okay, and the Engineers one. :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I’ve been wanting to try these for my library. They look great!

2 Likes

Very fun!

Great work and info, thank you. Plus “Knit happens” :joy: