Bought my first etsy / Ikea .SVG

I’ve purchased a few of their designs as they’re beautifully well done …but you’re not supposed to cut them all out of the same wood…

I’ve been slowly modifying their pattern to match a friend of mine’s guitar more closely - and to have string strings, cuz I’m that girl :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I am a newbie, I am using anything I can find, lucky the cat is not made from birch!!*

:stuck_out_tongue:

*Just pussywillow

4 Likes

Just stain them different. No problem to get a number of different hues.

1 Like

My progress!

(I still have a LOT of work to do on it)

10 Likes

The signatures are a great touch!

The devil is in the details :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is looking great, the grain on the guitar body works really well. Can’t wait to see the finished article!

its all baltic birch, I am just using different stains, and applying them different ways

2 Likes

Yes, it looks great!

1 Like

Don’t give up! I made one for my guitarist son, and he loves it!

And progress continues, I got a tad OCD and lasered the fret markers (they are 6.5mm holes if you care) :stuck_out_tongue:

The devil is in the details, Eh?

4 Likes

Detail, details… – I painted the ‘strings’ metallic silver, the name on in the inside is my BIL’s name (this is a gift for him, he is a musician)

(I am painting the ‘pegs’ and the lower bar white (well as soon as the white acrylic paint shows))
today or tomorrow is the “Big Glue”

3 Likes

Decided to try some variations, stained wood, and to be rock & roll some Leather…
(was one of the samples) I had the settings WAY TOO HOT for the leather… and am having grief weeding. (my bad)

The PG settings are great for leather, I barely ever use anything else - cuz I’d love to see that without the burn…though the burn (in the pic at least) made it look like it was shiny metal at first!

Also - do you know about the Gorilla Tape weeding? It saves so much grief :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, the gorilla tape tore the letters off the LEATHER!!!

I need SPF 3000!!!

1 Like

Oh wow! I haven’t had that issue, but that is a pretty delicate design!

1 Like

Almost done… JUST A FEW MORE ITEMS LEFT!!!

4 Likes

AND its DONE!!!

3 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait to hear your BIL’s reaction!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.