Box dit dit

Ooooo, another lovely, classy design from you. I detect strong FLW influences…

5 Likes

ROFL! not good…it’s supposed to be nouveau. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, FLW was kind of an icon of the Arts and Crafts movement, and there’s a lot of crossover between that style and nouveau … so if people are seeing FLW influence, your design is not as off base as you think :wink:

4 Likes

Didn’t know that. :grinning:

1 Like

Yep, if you google the two styles you’ll see a lot of similarity. The two styles were popular in relatively close time periods, with A&C coming in on the heels of (and probably branching off a bit from) nouveau.

Edited to add: apparently, my timeline was off. This link goes into more detail on deco, nouveau + arts & crafts, and how to distinguish them.

4 Likes

Haha–I wouldn’t know, I just knew you were a fan!

3 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

Someone say fan ?
:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I especially like the way the cut edges of the maple outline the inset cherry!:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Good job on that! I struggle to stay organized. I should take a page from your book.

3 Likes

Jules, have you thought of work of Rennie Macintosh as an inspirational source ?
I think you might find it familiar territory, matching your own sensibility.

5 Likes

After I’ve stopped designing I’ll definitely take a look at his/her work. :grinning:

I try to avoid looking at other designers’ work at first - it’s hard enough to come up with an original thought in these days of Google and constant unrelenting commercial bombardment. Too easy to see something that registers on your subconscious, and a few years later you think - “Wow, I’ve got an idea!”, and you build it, and later get forced to take it down because it looks too close to what you saw. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

He was an architect primarily, but the inspiration of the Glasgow School, and a style that you might like (1868 -1928).
John
EDIT Certainly an inspiration to me, and I think lends itself to laser cutting.
Just saying.
:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

If he’s a deceased architect with a non-litigious non-parasitic brood it might indeed be a source of inspiration…thanks! I’ll take a look. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

It seems to me she’s just showing off a desk that doesn’t NEED Organized! Ha! So neat!

7 Likes

The box is lovely! It’s always a joy to see the beauty you put into the simplest objects.

8 Likes

Quite the nice addition to the set.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing what your desk looks like in a few more months.

9 Likes

Chuckle! There will be a four square inch empty space on top and the rest will be covered with boxes and things. Same as now, only it’s papers and post-its, not boxes. :smile:

9 Likes

@jules, you know with the new low power settings, the GF can turn that paper on your desk into art pieces.

9 Likes