Box Fan Holder

We have several box fans in the house and one of the new ones fell and had a broken a foot that helps hold it up while running. My wife asked if there was something I could build to fix it. Sure! Glowforge to the rescue! A very simple design, but worked very well for my box fans.

Fan Holder

58 Likes

Nice, thanks for the share. question: it looks like you don’t have enough braces in the design? I see only 4 in your svg, ant it looks like you need a total of ten?

12 Likes

You are absolutely correct! I have updated the SVG after adding the rest of the braces. Thank you for noticing!

12 Likes

This is great! I quit buying box fans and switched to tower fans because they always seemed to have problems. And those little feet always seem to break off. (Of course the tower fans have different issues, like getting knocked over if your kid or dog gets wild lol)
Great solution!

10 Likes

This is great! Thanks for the share! I gave up trying to stand the fans up. I’m not even sure if they had little feet when I bought them, I just know they fallen enough and been in enough weird situations that the bottom metal is all wonky, so not I shove them in the window and use the window to hold it up.

I could see these being useful in keeping it straight in the window though…lately the one in the livingroom has been falling through the screen… :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

lol Oh no, did it fall outside?

3 Likes

Ooh! This may come in handy shortly as I’m trying to figure out how to get my box fan off the floor and onto the wall…now all I need to do is figure out how to attach these to the wall, and that’s much easer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great practical cut!! Thanks!!

4 Likes

At one point it did fall outside, but right now, it’s pushing my screen out. So I have to go outside several times a day to push it back in so I don’t have to worry about insects coming in.

4 Likes

thank you you just don’t know you need it till you see it!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing :smiley:

2 Likes

Cool. We could use some of those for a broken fan here in Maine. Sadly, my GF is in MA!

3 Likes

I am forever knocking over fans in my shop. Thank you so much for sharing.

3 Likes

Nice share!

1 Like

Yeah. I had this tower fan I bought in Tokyo for 900 yen, on sale from 9,999 yen. Bought it in 2001 to use in the rat hole I was living in. It never failed me, worked great, had a remote with multiple settings. Last year my wife knocked it over and the plastic part that holds the blade in place snapped. I fixed it for a bit, but the plastic was resistant to most glues. I almost cried because I had owned it for 19 years. :sob:

7 Likes

Practical cuts rock

5 Likes

No, it’s
Scissors cuts Paper

Paper covers Rock

Rock crushes Lizard

Lizard poisons Spock

Spock smashes Scissors

Scissors decapitates Lizard

Lizard eats Paper

Paper disproves Spock