Box Foam Uses

So not precisely made on a Glowforge, but more like made by Glowforge. :grin:

Long story short, I was rearranging and I came across my original packing box for the Glowforge. I had tucked it away neatly in case I ever needed it to return the Forge. Well, I opened it up and saw these and thought to myself, I know some kids that will really enjoy playing with these. So I set up a little jail for my stuff tiger in the dining room for the kids to find when they wake up tomorrow :smiley:

Iā€™m sure theyā€™re rescue him soon enough, donā€™t worry.

25 Likes

Better than gathering dust in a box!

6 Likes

Never thought Iā€™d say this: ā€œLook at that poor stuffed toy jailed by Glowforge!ā€ :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s funny! :smile:

5 Likes

Of course thatā€™s $250 to replace if it gets wreckedā€¦

7 Likes

If I ever use itā€¦ :sweat_smile: $250 if it gets wrecked and I need to send my glowforge back. Which since my warranty is up seemsā€¦ unlikely :shushing_face:

edit: removed the extra ā€˜fā€™ in ā€˜iffā€™ since I was incorrect in using that as pointed out below. Thanks @evansd2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or you want to move, or you want to sell it to buy glowforge 2.0ā€¦

1 Like

There are other boxes in the world.

This is a little more of a problem I suppose, but I donā€™t ever plan to resell so I hadnā€™t thought about it.

I am keeping the 4 handles from the original box regardless of if the foam gets wrecked, because it was so rare to get all 4 :smile:

6 Likes

Was it rare to get 4 handles or did most of the people who got 4 handles think nothing was amiss and thus say nothing?

4 Likes

I imagine it is as hard to answer that question as it is to answer how many people have a GF based on forum participation :man_shrugging: Weā€™ll probably never know.

I guess if you never need it, itā€™s a moot point, but Iā€™d think having all that protective packing material would be far more important than having all four handles. The handle holes can be taped up and modified to work againā€¦the foam packing stuff, not so much.

1 Like

Oh, I wasnā€™t keeping the handles so I could use them again, it was as a token of times gone by. I get that keeping the box and foam is generally a good idea for ā€œjust in caseā€ this or that happens, but I horde enough other stuff I just donā€™t see enough of a need to keep an empty box for any of those what ifs. Iā€™m keeping the foam inserts for the inside of the laser, but outside protection is outside protection. If/when I move, Iā€™ll probably drive the laser, well packed, separate in my car instead of the bed of a truck anyway.

3 Likes

I get it! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: