Box generator is amazing

I used the recommended community box generator…it’s amazing, assembled perfectly. I highly recommend that everyyone try it

43 Likes

Do you have a URL to share?

5 Likes

https://festi.info/boxes.py/ShutterBox?language=en

9 Likes

I’ve been using that site forever it feels like. It’s always a great place to start.

Nice job making the box your own

11 Likes

When using them I typically start by having them make as a frame, and then I modify everything from there to suite my own needs.

7 Likes

Oh sure that’s a good one. You might also like this post, check out #3 in particular:

4 Likes

Todd job. That living hinge is a killer.

6 Likes

Very nice indeed! I hope you backed that living hinge with a piece of fabric—it’s supposed to help it last longer.

9 Likes

I’ll do that. What fabric do you recommend?

mae

1 Like

My first living hindge:)

mae

Wow this looks awesome! I love that site!

2 Likes

Thank you

mae

Looks great! I agree, the box generators are such a help!

2 Likes

Really, anything sturdy, flexible and thin enough to not interfere with the mechanism. I’d use maybe a cotton or canvas if it fits.

3 Likes

Thanks

mae

2 Likes

I use thin felt with a sticky back from Michaels. For a tambour like yours I’ll increase the size of the track to make up for the additional thickness (about 1mm) which also helps it slide with the felt. I also have cut it so it’s just smaller than the track to track measurement. I figure the self-stick felt is less likely to glue up the space between the living hinge segments than if I tried to glue fabric on it.

5 Likes

yep, my M.O exactly.

2 Likes

i am a big fan of their “display case”. I try to add a bit more overhand and then round the corners on the top and bottom. Makes for a nice look.

2 Likes

Lots to explore on that site! It should definitely be in everyone’s GF toolbox!

3 Likes

Thank you

mae