Box wine disguise

Prototype in birch, final product in pg walnut. Boxes.py gave me the basic nesting box design, which I tweaked to reduce the wood used , add a split for the spout, and some engraving.

47 Likes

Way to hide the swill! It looks great!

2 Likes

Very classy! Would be great at a party!

2 Likes

Great way to dress it up for a party! :grinning:

1 Like

Nice!! Any chance you’d share the design? We LOVE Bota boxes, they do have some good wine!

2 Likes

wine%20box%20part%203 wine%20box%20part%202 wine%20box%20part%201

Making notes: While there are 3 files, dividing up the design to fit the machine, I ended up making the internal walls out of birch to save on the “good wood” so it was a 4 cut project. This barely fits on a sheet of PG so take care with the edges wrt to the cut. Add your own art. The fit on these tabs is fairly tight. I had to use a vice to nudge some of the panels in to place, especially with the PG walnut. The birch went together with less force. The round hole at the bottom may not be necessary.

15 Likes

Outstanding! And thank you for sharing your hard work!

1 Like

What a fun addition!

This is a friendly reminder that our forum guidelines ask people not to request others’ design work for free.

2 Likes

Sorry about that Dan - quite right and apologies for breaking the rules!

follow up. apparently the design causes the box wine to develop some sort of leak. or at least that is my story as to why the box emptied so quickly.

5 Likes

You may have to test a few boxes to confirm the leak I’m thinking. :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you for the file.

1 Like

made an fancy version today.

12 Likes

Love the added details, they fit well with the design.

I love the text! :rofl:

1 Like