Brilliance 12oz Black On Sale

If anyone with an Amazon Prime membership is in the market for a can of Brilliance metal marking spray, it’s $11 cheaper than normal today (only):

11 Likes

That’s a Prime Day special and ends tonight ( 13 July). And you have to be a Prime member. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks! Edited for clarity.

3 Likes

I was looking to see if anyone has done a comparison of Brilliance, Cermark and, LaserBond. I didn’t find anything with cursory searching. It’s all probably spendy enough that no one is buying a can of each to test.

4 Likes

I thought @geek2nurse or @Xabbess did just that a year or two back, But of course I can’t find it now…

3 Likes

'Twasn’t me. I haven’t tried metal marking yet. I remember people trying all sorts of stuff, though, like mustard and such.

2 Likes

I had great success using LaserBond. Had to buy it online from the manufacturer’s website. Never did any comparisons between brands, though.

6 Likes

added a photo to my reply

2 Likes

Looks great!

I like the idea of metal marking with the laser. I don’t have any immediate use for it, though. It looks like most of that stuff has a manufacturer-reported shelf-life of about a year (though I see people saying theirs lasted longer). So, I’m not likely to actually purchase anything until I need it.

I have marked anodized aluminum USB flash drives and, keep some on-hand for quick one-offs. I also have some bracelet blanks that are similarly prepared for lasering:

(The pink color was added after engraving.)

It doesn’t look as good as yours but, I think it was a pretty low-LPI engrave.

It would be great to see a comparison of all of the spray marking options, perhaps from some well-sponsored YTer.

9 Likes

Wow that is awesome.

4 Likes

There is one, because I used it to find settings for when I did it…let me dig.

2 Likes

AHAH! It was @jbv who shared it last year…phew, that took some digging!

This video does a great comparison of a bunch of the different marking metals, and shows you settings on different materials, including: stainless, copper, aluminum, and brass with Dry Moly, Ceremark 6000, Thermark (LMN 14), Laserbond LBT 100, & Enduramark

So not Brilliance, but still useful I think :slight_smile:

*I ended up using the LBT paint on (instead of the spray) and it worked brilliantly :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks! Added to my queue to watch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.