Brisingr needed an Escutcheon!

Well we’ve had our Glowforge “Brisingr” for 2 days now and have done quite a bit of stuff and so thought I’d share the escutcheon we cut for it as well as some other projects!

imageimage

52 Likes

Sweet escutcheon!

You’re off to a great start.

4 Likes

The handwritten recipe on the cutting board is wonderful. Also now eyeing my big stack of ikea cork trivets speculatively. I usually stencil them but the engraving looks great!

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s been a blast so far!

1 Like

Thank you! The recipe is for a Christmas cookie my grandma used to always make that my mom now makes. I made one each for my mom and sister. The cork coasters worked great, definitely going back to ikea for loads more!

3 Likes

My goodness…you’ve been prolific! Great group of various stuff!

3 Likes

Very nice work, and Happy Anaversary!

2 Likes

Wow, what a wonderful variety of projects, and all flawlessly executed!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

All your items look great. I am still trying to get through the holidays so I can figure this GF out.

2 Likes

Great projects! (Love the cuff!) :grinning:

1 Like

What settings did you settle for on your cork? Did you mask it?

1000/30 125 LPI No masking. I may increase the LPI if it was extremely intricate but I’m quite happy with how they turned out.

1 Like

I love that ruler bracelet. Any tips on how to reproduce it? Hopefully I’ll have my GF in a few days and would love to have an easily accessible ruler pretty much anywhere.

Medium proofgrade leather at the standard settings. I used this generator to make the ruler. http://robbbb.github.io/VectorRuler/
Found some cheap snaps on amazon. I’m not a leather person and have no idea what I was doing but I used coconut oil to finish it, which darkened it a tad and made it more supple.

The ruler bracelet is killer!

Thank you!