Building Robots

This is the future of America.

2 Likes

Even better… This is the today of America. Kids are doing these things right now all over the country. I wonder if I would be an electronics/mechanical engineer today if I’d had access to something like this when I was young. So fascinating!

3 Likes

My personal goal is that every single member of this team turns pro and becomes an engineer or programmer.

3 Likes

Hard to be just one of those, these days!

3 Likes

What a wonderful goal!

1 Like

It might be the only sport/activity I know of where it’s possible for the whole team to turn pro! I wish there were robotics teams when I was in middle/high school.

5 Likes

Wow. That is quiet. Stealth tank drive ftw!
You have to be thinking something like: “This is why I got this thing! So, my offspring can will be inventors, creators, and problem solvers.”

I know that was the excuse I used to get mine! :wink:

6 Likes

I used that excuse too. :slight_smile:
However, BEAMER to this point has been sitting quietly in the office upstairs as we.

1. went through a move to a new house
  2. Father in law moves in.
  3. less than a month father in law passes away.
  4. field hockey season starts and completes.
  5. this coming weekend BEAMER will awaken :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Are you guys going to attach any tread/grip material? Or did you design in some grip surfaces on the links?

1 Like

The low noise is due to their iteration of the design. They were able to try several iterations in draftboard and adjust the track profile to reduce interference and increase surface contact at the sprocket before cutting in delrin. The difference between their first design and this one is dramatic. As for tread, if you look closely at the images, you’ll notice yellow bands around the outer links. They designed notches in the links to hold latex rubber tubing to improve grip.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you and your offspring make.

me too. :slight_smile:

I was hoping that was something like that. Surgical tubing installed before assembly? Maintenance crew will need to be dialed in for any between match work.

Looks great!

I saw the rounded tooth cog for smoother chain interaction. The Delrin/Delrin interface is another nice low friction feature.

Good Luck at competition. -Joe

Joe Balint

Buckeye Carvings International

440 336-4954

“The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan” -Clausewitz 1832
www.BuckeyeCarvingsInternational.com

1 Like

Indeed. I, for one, welcome our coming robot overlords. Please don’t eat me.

3 Likes

Seems appropriate. :slight_smile:

1 Like