Burning a photo to ceramic tile using Norton White tile method

I am a novice. I have the Glowforge pro and would like to engrave photos on white ceramic tile using the Norton White tile method or any method that will have great results. I am open to any and all suggestions on method and settings for great results, including preparing the photo. Thanks guys you are wonderful.
Grover

Search is your friend. Search results for 'norton' - Glowforge Owners Forum

4 Likes

I just looked back at the setting I used for this tile:

This is a porcelain tile from Home Depot. They come 9 to a sheet.
I applied 2 coats of Rustoleum flat white paint about 20 minutes apart then let that dry for an hour or so.
Speed = 250
Power = 30
Convert to dots
LPI = 340
Scrub off the excess white paint using paint thinner.

14 Likes

I always loved this tile @beerfaced . @woodgc keep in mind the quality of your photos can make or break any engrave in glowforge!

4 Likes

Thank you. I really like that one myself. I agree with you on the quality of the pic making or breaking the job.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! YOUR Photo engraved tile looks GREAT. Hope I am able to replicate it.

2 Likes

THANK YOU everyone. Your very informative replies are most helpful as always

1 Like

Hi Beerfaced, Any chance you would share that photo with me so I could use it as a reference? to be sure my Glowforge is doing the same as yours on engraving photos. Keep Smiling

1 Like

I can send you my email if you need/want it

1 Like

woodgc@gforcecable.com

1 Like

I entered all your settings but one. I do not see how to enter the LPI, can you advise?

1 Like

Have you selected engrave as the operation? At the bottom is lpi as shown in this photo:

2 Likes

OK, I am using Manual (no material selected) for the material and have engrave selected but do not see LPI at the bottom.

1 Like

I don’t think I saved the pic but I found it on a google search. I’ll look around again and see if I can find it.
This is the LPI:

1 Like

Found it:

1 Like

THANK YOU Soooo Very much

2 Likes

GREAT!!! THANK YOU for all the effort and for sharing. You are just toooo KIND. Keep Smiling

1 Like