Burning trees on paper

Holy Moly! I had no idea, I guess that’s why I was so impressed with my mistake/trial.

Thanks for showing me this.

1 Like

I can’t wait to try this!!! Thanks for sharing!

Check out this video

Video :Paper That Molds Metal

7 Likes

That came out beautiful… Do you mind telling where you got the image or file? I have been wanting to buy and embossing folder like that but may just make my own! Thx

1 Like

“Mistakes” are just different versions of an outcome. Both can have purpose. I like the rustic look of the half burned through or etched design. The cut through might save you time by vector cutting the shapes but sometimes the little cut bits fly around once they are free…lol.
I’m just excited that you’ve posted and now can’t wait to see what else you create.

7 Likes

These are lovely…and a little bit ironic…engraving trees on trees. ha

5 Likes

Ooooooo, I love those trees!

I tried something similar with a lace design, and while I was going for the full cut look, my half engraved one was too interesting to throw away. I made it into a card and the recipient loved it!

4 Likes

I stole it from @PrintToLaser who stole it from @kittski I believe. This was the post I took it from:

Craig

3 Likes

Spot on! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

THx! Can’t wait to work with this image… It is beautiful!

Nice art @kittski donated to the cause eh? :sunglasses:

@Tattoo_Couture, man, I worked with silver and gold (mostly casting) for 30 years and had no idea you could emboss metal with a paper pattern! New use of my rolling mill. :+1:

6 Likes

I hadn’t thought of engraving vs. cutting those shapes when I did my “tree in card stock” experiment. If the desire is to cut all the way through, a cut operation will be loads faster than an engrave, but I do like the partway cut through engrave in your first try. Thanks for sharing and including the settings

1 Like

Yeah, now I want one!

3 Likes

A rolling mill? Yeah, they are neat! I almost sold mine once, but glad I didn’t.

4 Likes

This is a beautiful little experiment–I do paper cuts as well and I’d be proud of those!

BTW, because you included settings for non-PG material (which is very welcome, BTW), I moved this post to the Beyond the Manual section.

3 Likes

Wow thank you!! I had never thought of this, Im getting a roller mill asap. This is amazing!

1 Like

You’ll get the best results if you sandwich the paper and annealed metal between two sheets of metal that are harder than the metal you are embossing but softer than the steel of the rolling mill. you can also emboss with dried leaves, fabric, lace etc.

10 Likes

Thanks! That leaf is great :sunglasses:
I have textured non-ferrous metal with a cleaned rusted steel sandwiched to protect the rollers.

Once you patina and then polish the high areas that low relief pattern looks amazing.
And I love to roller print a pattern with a specific shape, then saw around it
moths
Also…feathers work great!
featherfeathers

4 Likes

Wow! :star_struck:
That is a neat way to transfer an image for the coping saw.