Busch Stadium

Another stadium is complete, this time around it’s Busch Stadium in St. Louis, MO. , seven layers of Proofgrade Maple Plywood (my favorite). Settings were Proofgrade cut, draft score, and SD Engrave, machine is a Glowforge Pro, total cut time of just under 14 minutes.

This stadium is another that is built on a sloping elevation, so the model incorporates a split topography which makes the model 5 layers above ground level (base to top of towers) on one side, and 4 layers above ground level on the other, and a sub-level which places the field below ground level. Like my last model of Dodger Stadium, this one also has feet to elevate that base and provide clearance for the field sub-layer, and I’ve incorporated the use of round toothpicks to aid in positioning layers during assembly, something mentioned by another user in a previous post, which really helps with accurately placing each of the layers during assembly.

I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

40 Likes

Brilliant!

2 Likes

Your stadiums are amazing .

3 Likes

Fantastic! My favorite (then Arrowhead). I really love this one. It would be cool to have the Gateway Arch in the background. Great job.

3 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

…and now I’m off to Google images of the Gateway Arch and evaluate the possibilities… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see it.

Never realised you put so much detail into the side walls too.
Also I really like the way you have done the mounting board, including the sloped label and feet.

2 Likes

Each one is amazing! Are you going to do them all?

2 Likes

This is AWESOME I need need need an angels stadium in my life. Any year any design!!

2 Likes

Super nice! Now a really big challenge would be to do the original Busch stadium (yours is the new one). Lot of curves in that one.

2 Likes

That’s the plan. :slight_smile:

1 Like