Business in the front

Been playing around with business card holder designs. Different shapes and sizes. I’ve done all of these in both vertical and horizontal cards, in a bunch of different woods, now I’m working on a couple unusual shapes. As long as you keep the hole for the cards and standoffs the same, you can get some really interesting designs /shapes for the bases.

70 Likes

Oh, I really like these!

4 Likes

That is such a clever idea and I especially like your choice of woods. I am sure they will be a big hit. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Those are very nice. I’ve been playing with business card holders lately too, so these are inspiring me to try something different than what I’ve been doing.

3 Likes

They’re beautiful! Very classy and elegant.

5 Likes

They do look very elegant!

3 Likes

Love the wood you used.

3 Likes

These look great!

3 Likes

Those are great. Where do you get your standoffs?? I can;t seem to find a good source. They seem so expensive for what they are.

3 Likes

These are the ones I used for this project

Uxcell a15041500ux0339 Advertisement Fixing Screws Glass Standoff Pins 12mmx20mm (Pack of 30) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YBNI658/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_FMkACbZ45P8HZ

5 Likes

Gosh, those look great! Looks like you were lucky enough to score some of that glasslike acrylic. Jelly!

3 Likes

I got a full 4 ft x 8 ft sheet from my local supplier in both 1/8” and 1/4”. :grin:

6 Likes

Do you have a photo of the bottom of these? I would love to know how you attached it.

I don’t, but you wouldn’t see anything anyway, it’s covered in felt for protection. Both the surface you put it on and my secrets. Bwahahaha

Sorry, got a little carried away. :sunglasses:

They are just glued in place for this project. The felt was added after the second or third one. I realized I didn’t like the look of everything on the bottom showing, whatever people were going to put them on might need a little protection, and I think it adds to the higher class feel these project with the nicer wood and the “glass” tops.

7 Likes

Very cool Curt! Nice design work man.
Thanks for the stand off link. That is some cool acrylic, thank you for the pieces you gave me! I still have to explore that stuff edge lit…
If you have any left when you clear out, I will buy it from you ( and some more of that killer bacon you make) and drive down there again to shake your hand once more.

1 Like

Is it just called “glass like acrylic”?

BTW, awesome! I actually ordered some of these standoffs on Friday.

2 Likes

Maybe that should be my next endeavor. Get a commercial kitchen and make bacon. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Most places have it as an acrylic color. ‘Glass green’

6 Likes

Absolutely LOVE these! Truly inspiring! (Read: poachable) I really dig the creative use of the standoffs. There is soooo much you can do with this basic concept. Thank you for sharing! My mind is racing! (In a glorious way.)

Put me on that list :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Some nice variety. They look great! Thank you for the standoff link.

4 Likes