Buttons!

Gkid (age 12) requested knitting looms for Christmas, and just finished her first project, a scarf modeled after one her Mom has that she likes. My job was making the buttons. She loves all things tiger, so naturally they had to be tiger buttons!

Medium PG walnut, image from Etsy :blush:

70 Likes

Ply or hardwood?

8 Likes

Ply. I wasn’t sure hardwood could hold up! I considered making them out of two layers of hardwood and rounding over the edges, but I only found out she wanted them last night, and she wanted to wear it today for their weekly time in the park with other homeschool families, so I went the quick route. :blush:

21 Likes

Yes! Very cool. I love that you did a variation.

11 Likes

You could always glue up some 2-ply 1/16 hardwoods and cut them again, she can attach new deluxe buttons… the magic power of lasers!

13 Likes

You are the best grandmom! She looks so happy.

14 Likes

Those turned out really nice. My daughter makes some scarves like that, I’ll have to make her some buttons!

12 Likes

Your granddaughter did a great job on her first project, and the tiger buttons are the perfect finishing touch.

12 Likes

Looks like she is growing like a weed! Congratulations.

6 Likes

Great job, both of you! She’s going to be the envy of her friends. Now they’re going to want to knit their own scarves and want handmade buttons as well!

9 Likes

She did a wonderful job on her first project! Beautiful photo! The buttons were a great finish!

9 Likes

Great collaboration! You guys could sell those! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

She’s grown up so much! Love the scarf.

6 Likes

Great she is making at a young age! And great project. A loom is nice to have and a laser helps, too!

7 Likes

Such a happy gkid! Well done both of you :grinning::+1:

6 Likes

Love them! They look really cute on the scarf, and of course the gkid.

3 Likes

Great job to the both of you!!

3 Likes

So cute.

3 Likes

So cute!!!

2 Likes