Buying large sheets of acrylic, and wood

Nuts! I missed them again. :disappointed:

Need to make a calendar reminder.

2 Likes

Being in Paducah, KY, we are 3 to 4 hours from ā€˜everywhereā€™! Any prospects on closest sources would be appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks. I will swing by. You have done some of my research for me

1 Like

woooo commonwealth. been a long time since i was in paducah.

honestly your best / easiest bet is surely to be nashville? itā€™s only a couple hours away, isnā€™t it?

Thanks for the info.

fyi this forum is publicly searchable to anyone on the internet

If yaā€™ll keep looking I think you will find any city or regional center will probably have an acrylic wholesaler/supplier. It has become such a mainstay in construction and interior design (among a thousand other uses) that suppliers are pretty much everywhere. Sometimes you just have to search very carefully. I know San Antonio has 3 or 4 large suppliers, and Austin has more. Because of construction demands even a lot of rural areas probably arenā€™t more than 3 hours away from a supplier.

1 Like

I swung by Delvieā€™s today.
18.5 lbs (letā€™s call it 15) at $2.50 a pound. I got some 1/4 inch clear for edge lighting and several other odds and ends.
I will go again after I have my Glowforge laser when I know what I want. Today was collecting a sample pack.

Thanks for the tip.

15 Likes

A great haul! Glad you visited them. What youā€™ll love is that their stock is very very consistent. When Iā€™m CNCing signs there is a huge difference between their acrylic and the sheets you buy at big box storesā€¦the Lowes/HD variety has a thickness that varies wildly and Iā€™m constantly having to adjust my cut depth. The Delvies stuff always engraves/cuts perfectly.

3 Likes

Score!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Winning

1 Like