Cake Topper SVG Generator

Here is a new Cake Topper SVG generator :birthday:

Open the template and you can type in your own text and choose your font. The text is automatically connected, including dots on i’s. You can also customize the size and positioning of the skewer. Click Download SVG and you’re ready to cut!

cake topper horizontal

I recommend using a cast acrylic in a fun color. Wash the skewer with soap and water before use. Acrylic is food safe, but good to clean it in case it picks up any soot from being in your GF.

This template was made using Cuttle’s Connected Text feature, which automatically connects and welds text for you in any font (you can even upload your own fonts). It handles dots on i’s, brings letters together, and so on. We also added a new “thicken” feature if you need to bulk up a delicate font.

The Cake Topper template is free to use for the next week, then it will become a Cuttle Pro template.

Here’s a free forever Happy Birthday SVG (right click save as),

Cake Topper Generator - Happy Birthday

Enjoy! :partying_face:

Bonus: “Happy 420” cake topper, for those who celebrate :cupcake:

Cake Topper Generator - Happy 420

54 Likes

Thanks - this will be quite useful.

7 Likes

Very generous, thank you! Very nice feature, thickening the fragile spots. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for the share!

8 Likes

This is handy. It’s not hard to create these manually, but why do extra work if you don’t have to?!

8 Likes

Sadly, last August we lost our Mother at age 85. We are all planning to get together on Mothers day this year and I’m sure someone will have a cake so this will be perfect for the event. Here is what I’ve come up with and plan to cut from her favorite color. Feel free to use it as you will.

Also, a couple suggestions for the generator. How about possibly putting a curve on the text and also having a choice for 1 or 2 of the stakes for added stability? For example, if choosing 2 stakes they could be X distance in from the ends(1 inch default).

Let me know if I added the file correctly.

Thanks.

Cake Topper Generator - Cake Topper

10 Likes

Love this…. Thanks for sharing :smiley:

5 Likes

Cake toppers are always quick to make, but this will be smoking quick!

7 Likes

Thanks so much, Toby!

5 Likes

I’ll probably use this instead of making my own.

As @ptodd noted - they’re always quick to make, but why do the extra work when you’ve provided such a great tool.

Thanks!

15 Likes

Exactly, I just so happen to have a soon to be College Graduate, that is gonna need a topper or two.

3 Likes

I approve this wonderful feature.

5 Likes

Thanks all for the feedback!

@dhaykus I’m sorry for your loss. Hope you have a nice get-together in May.

Yes, a few others have asked for a 2 stakes version. Good idea! I’ll work on a variation this week.

For the curved text, do you mean like the text would curve in a slight rainbow? That might work well with the 2 stakes. Thanks for the suggestion!

6 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, arched up like a rainbow is what I was thinking of.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Time saver thank you!!!

4 Likes

A couple people have reached out asking how to make deeper customizations.

I recorded some video responses showing how to use the Cuttle editor to create these more customized cake toppers.

It’s not too hard, especially since Connected Text will connect the dots on i’s etc for you, and Flatten is an easy way to “weld” all the shapes together.

Thought I’d post them here in case they were useful to others:

How do you make a cake topper where each word might be a different size or font?

How do you make an “I :heart: U” cake topper (that is, a cake topper that might combine other shapes besides text)?

7 Likes

@dhaykus Thank you for your suggestion of a variation with 2 stakes.

I just got around to putting it together:

I took your suggestion: the stakes start out an inch from each side by default and can optionally be adjusted:

cake topper with two stakes demo

4 Likes

Brilliant, I hope everyone can put it to good use.
Thanks.

4 Likes