Cake Toppers for Graduation Season

It’s been a while since I’ve posted some of the stuff I am working on. Personalizing a cake with a cake topper is super simple with the Glowforge. Material: Black acrylic and glitter card stock on a bamboo skewer.

41 Likes

My Sophia is Graduating as a Junior in 2 weeks. Hadn’t thought about a cake topper . hMMMM…

1 Like

I can get you the file if you’re interested.

3 Likes

Those are a great idea!

1 Like

That would be very nice. I am in the process of reassembling a murphy bed that was cut in half to remove it from our previous house. Mom and Dad get cranky sleeping on the floor. :slight_smile: And I am making two tables for the basement. So the time savings is greatly appreciated!

cake%20topper%20sophia

14 Likes

THANK YOU!

hmm… won’t let me just say thank you.

1 Like

All look good.

1 Like

Nice job on those! I never thought of cake toppers for graduation but it’s really an ideal occasion for such a thing. The giftee can save it with the tassel.

4 Likes

Just a gentle reminder that asking people for files is against our community guidelines.

6 Likes

I think you can ask
“Can I commission you to create one for me? Please PM me with a rush job price if you’re interested.”

4 Likes

These look great! Such a nice personalized touch for a celebration!

1 Like

I think you’ll also find plenty of generosity in the free files, tips, problems and support, and throughout the forum. We’ve got an amazing community here. It’s one of the reasons I bought a GF.

5 Likes

I completely agree.

These are really great, especially for this time of year. How did you make the glitter one? Or, was the material already glittery?

2 Likes

There are glittery acrylic sheets available, no muss no fuss! Check with Inventables, I believe.

8 Likes

That glitter acrylic is super easy and looks great too. In a pinch, I’ve used glitter spray paint on plain acrylic and I’ve even cut glitter cardstock and glued it on top as well. (I hate cutting paper though so it was a last resort.)

6 Likes

I’m always uncomfortable with unsealed glitter on a cake. That’s what I like about the glitter acrylic. It’s not going to flake off into the food.

5 Likes

These really top the cake! Speaking of cake … This cake looks soooo good!

2 Likes

May I get the file as well? Thank you so much!