Cakeday

I am celebrating! Cracked open my second celebratory libation. It’s not just the Glowforge, although the $1,000 discount for a two year investment is a good rationalization, but the community that I have been a part of for the past two years. In the end the most valuable thing I got from Glowforge are the relationships that I have developed and the skills I have acquired, plus the knowledge and perspective that has accumulated. Looking forward to the continued journey.

16 Likes

I don’t really have anything to add. Just sometimes there is a post that deserves to be quoted in its entirety because liking it is not near adequate.

11 Likes

And what was the potation this time? Not that I would recognize it–I’m alcohol challenged.

3 Likes

New Glarus. I started out with Two Women and then Totally Naked. Ha! Didn’t plan that, honestly.

12 Likes

Might just join you in one. Don’t have anything special to celebrate at the moment, other than life in general, good friends and good times, but no reason not to do something unexpected once in a while. (And the last libation was back in April, although I did pick up a bottle of Curacao and some pineapple juice. Might try one of those blue Glowfizzie drinks.)

And if you see me post later that I had two, I beg pardon in advance for anything I say after that point. I will not be myself, and I might get a little uncorked.

(Not used to it anymore. Two will hit me hard, and I will suddenly become brilliant.)

On the other hand, stand by, you guys might get handed some seriously valuable blackmail material. :smile:

12 Likes

I man, I forgot about the Glowforge drink: the Teal Squeal!

https://community.glowforge.com/t/how-to-leverage-the-production-capabilities-of-10-000-machines-create-a-game-the-quest-for-glowbug/9377/34?u=marmak3261&source_topic_id=3004

Will have to get the mixings.

[Why you no onebox?]

7 Likes

Couldn’t remember what it was called! ROFL! (Thanks for linking it…I’ve been trying to find it so I could mix in the proper proportions.) :laughing:

And it’s very refreshing!

Uh-oh! Neglected to take empty stomach into account. Might get lift-off with just the one…

11 Likes

Ooooo, now I want one, it’s so pretty!

2 Likes

Add a touch of sugar if you go for it. Needs a little sweetening. :crazy_face:

Hmmm I got issues drinking anything that resembles the color of toilet bowl or window cleaner.

Edit: and pretty much anything that has alcohol in it LOL.

7 Likes

We’re not celebrating the two year wait…we’re celebrating the product, the outpouring of friendship, and the opportunity to bring our creative forces to the front. Yes, that is something worth celebrating.

11 Likes

Beautifully said

1 Like

I like that

1 Like

Brava!

4 Likes

what? :grin:

2 Likes

Happy :cake:day, @rand!

2 Likes

Grand, grand Cakeday @rand ! :grinning::boom::tada::confetti_ball::tanabata_tree::balloon:
(Sorry been saving that one up!) :smile:

2 Likes

@rand Happiest of Cakey days. :cake:

1 Like

It’s your Cakeday, @rand…hope it’s great!

2 Likes

Yeah, happy Cakeday @rand–so glad you’ll soon be enjoying your GF!

3 Likes