Calvin and Hobbes Bookends

Calvin and Hobbes bookends!

“It’s a magical world Hobbes! Let’s go exploring!” - Calvin

67 Likes

Really cool! Good project idea

2 Likes

Cool!

Was it difficult to get licensing for Calvin and Hobbes?

7 Likes

:heart: x INFINITY

Jonathan

This is very cool

1 Like

Bill Waterhouse - Calvin’s creator - has always been crystal clear that he hates licensing and wants Calvin to be free.

Very generous of him and I hope people remember often enough to pass something onto him.

13 Likes

From what I’ve read it appears he meant he didn’t want to sell merchandise himself, not that he was giving out the right to anyone and or everyone to make items for profit.

Everything I’ve read indicates Calvin and Hobbes is copyrighted and not available to the public.

You might want to check with your lawyer before selling this.

4 Likes

I stand corrected:

Bill Watterson is renowned for his insistence that cartoon strips should stand on their own as an art form, and he has rigorously forbade the use of Calvin and Hobbes in merchandising of any sort.

6 Likes

I still they are fabulous and a wonderful compliment to the C&H series!
maybe they will give them away (cough) (hint) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m bonkers for this! So much C&H love. This isn’t a GF project, but my nixie clock pays tribute:

7 Likes

for the last 15 years my best friend and I make a C&H X-mas card, we try and be topical on the year events…

6 Likes

That is so great! Calvin and Hobbes is one of my favorite comics. I used to have several of the books, but they got ruined when I had a water pipe burst in the house (I was in class and when I got home, it looked like it was raining from the ceiling). I need to go to a used bookstore or check online for more. Thanks for posting this.

2 Likes

You’ve found the real reason the GF was created! Congrats–great work!

1 Like

This might be my new favorite GF project.

2 Likes

This is a lot of fun! Looks great.

8 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

The air layering really gives the bookends a great dimensionality! Very nicely done.

1 Like

Love C&H!!

Love these. Well done.