Calvin and Hobbes Bottle Opener

Because Calvin and Hobbes are cool

34 Likes

Wow, cool!

2 Likes

Did you paint that top one or is that a reflection? I assume these are anodized aluminum or painted steel?

1 Like

These are painted black steel that I engraved off. The moon was my 2nd try at one pass. The funny faces was 2 passes because I didn’t know what I was doing with settings

2 Likes

They are great! Love me some Calvin and Hobbes!

1 Like

Nice, I’ve always liked this comic

1 Like

NIce work–I love C&H too, but also understood Watterson would not license his work (besides the books) and they are diligent about protecting the copyright. So hope these are just for personal use, unless you have permission/rights to use the designs! (have to ask since you’ve included your business info in the pics).

1 Like

Yes this is for personal use, it is a gift for a friend going away. I understand your concern as I agree with you.

I like to take staged photos to post on my Instagram and Facebook and since I made a thing, I want to show off the said thing. Staged photos often are stolen by others to post on Etsy and other people’s shops so they infringe on the copyright. (I have had photos ‘stolen’ and it sucks). So the logo is protect my copyright of my photo, not the art on the opener. I won’t stop sharing a thing I proudly made just because it has copyrighted art if I made it for myself or a friend.

5 Likes

Wow. Where did you source the bottle openers?

There’s a few places that sell these. I got these from Amazon

1 Like