Camera Calibration did not work

THANK YOU. so much.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the glitched out file. I did A Good Measure and reprinted my design and it all worked perfectly. (also, maybe the generic “turn it off and on” cleared its brain?) I’ve uploaded the results of both prints.

Thank you for the link for the belt. That’s good to know now before the problem starts up. Right now the belt is perfect.

Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 5.04.41 PM Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 5.23.05 PM

Uggghhhh…

The calibration problem is back.
I tried it on two different files. (You can see where the first one went off the edge of my plate.) Do I really need to waste another piece of wood on recalibrating after only doing

a few cuts?

No, I don’t think doing another camera calibration is the answer. Is there any chance at all that the head got bumped in between prints when the acrylic got loaded. If the head gets moved with the machine on, the calibration is off. Turning it off and back on allows it to reorient properly.

2 Likes

I had to put the head to the side to remove a bed pin.
Maybe that did it? (even tough I try to be super gentle…)

Thanks so much for the continual help.

Without doubt. You can’t let anything touch the head at all after it homes. If you think for a second that something’s hit the head, just be on the safe side and bounce the machine. Like @dklgood mentioned, hitting the head can easily happen when removing or placing material. It’s something I’m conscious of every single time. (You kind of develop a habit of removing/placing material at just the right angle to not touch the head. :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

After 2.5 years, I did this just yesterday. I moved the head and then ran a print and it wasn’t pretty. If you move the head, restart the machine.

3 Likes

That makes sense. I’m very careful with the material/angle when placing or removing.

I haven’t had problems in the past with the camera becoming out-of-whack when I slide it to the side, but it makes sense that it was what did it this time.

1 Like

Doubly noted.
Thanks!

I’m sorry for the trouble with your unit’s alignment. It looks like you’ve already received some fantastic advice from other community members. Thanks folks!

I’m glad that you’ve been able to get back up and printing. To double-check that the issue is resolved, I’d like to look over the pulley located on the right side of your laser arm, on the underside of the arm. I see that you’ve emailed us about this topic, so I’ve sent you some next steps there for checking the pulley and I’m going to close this thread. We’ll continue to assist you with this via email.

1 Like