Camera Issues

Never hurts to ask that, but if she’s only completed one project before this happened, it must have been a real doozy to foul up the camera so soon.

That lid camera is waaaay out of focus. Can you turn it?
(Don’t jerk on it but gently try to wiggle it a little without forcing it. If it turns, let support know, it’s supposed to be fixed in place.)

2 Likes

Have you clicked the gear icon and refreshed the bed image, or opened and closed the lid to let it refresh?

Easy enough to just touch while cleaning elsewhere and if your focus is not there neither will the camera’s be.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. I extracted the logs from your machine and was able to see a few images which match the one you shared in this thread. It looks like your most recent bed image is much better. Did you clean the lens or make any changes between the time that you sent the blurry image and the time that you turned off your Glowforge yesterday?

Also, would you please take a photo with your phone showing the LED lights inside your unit when they’re switched on?

Thank you!

Yes, Twice

I printed the little glowforge “gift of good measure”

Yes, I did that as well!

The app is displaying the material now. It does however not show the entire piece the margins are too wide…wastes wood.

Also, on the same design…it cut one earring out and not the second one. So I am having the same issue with the refurbished one as well.

Will you look at the log and see what it might show?

Thanks,

very true

I’m so sorry about the ongoing issue. I took another look at your logs and, from what I can see, your unit’s camera is able to display the entire cutting area. Your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed and material is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces. For example, a lot of customers use small pieces of scrap to print these pins available in the free laser design section: Honeycomb bed holdown pins

Regarding the issue with one of your earrings not cutting through recently, thanks for letting us know. I’m sorry that your print didn’t come out beautifully! To cut successfully, there are three important things to check. First, your material must lie flat. This requires a clean, properly installed crumb tray and flat materials. Second, there must be no obstructions, dirt, or damage preventing the laser light from reaching your material. Third, your design must be set up properly - for example, with lines that are fully on the material and that are set to cut. It’s hard to know which issue might be affecting your print, so please thoroughly inspect your unit and design according to the suggestions in our Troubleshooter, which you can read here: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/cut-didnt-go-through-material.

If you’re still running into trouble, there’s a test I’d like you to run. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on that Proofgrade Draftboard and let me know the result. If it doesn’t print well, please let me know the date and time of your print and send photos of the front and back of the print.

Hello,
I printed the gift of life with the replacement machine. I used the machine for a few projects.
Coming back to it this morning and again. It’s a different issue every time it seems.

I cannot see the material again so I can’t add then names to a design because I can’t see the design.

I reported this before…reported it and the next day it was fine.

What in the world makes this so difficult to actually see the material?

Having the same problem as before with being able to see the material…?

It turns…I am having the problem again. Can I just screw it in better?

No, it is not supposed to turn, it is supposed to be glued into place. They are probably going to want to repair that…tagging @ivan1 . It’s a loose lid camera.

1 Like

I missed this post Jules, sorry. I work in between migraines …Its to easy to miss things.

Hi…

Having problems with the replacement unit. Jules suggested it might be the lid camera. The camera can be turned-tightened.

I can’t use the machine at all.

Just saw this thread, I replied to your duplicate thread but @Jules is right the lens should not move.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.