Camping, tiny style, may involve rodents

Transferred? Were you in the military as well?

1 Like

Unfortunately they dont have a long life span and are very susceptible to diseases.

1 Like

Oil field. Engineer.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s how I reconciled it myself. But it’s crazy, because it changed the whole dynamic of the ferrets. There were three and now there are two. But the one was the instigator for all sorts of fun. A real free spirit.

3 Likes

My original ferret when I was a kid was the most loved animal ever. If you can imagine a 9 year old saving the money to pay for it and all it’s accessories.

3 Likes

My next door neighbor is in the oil field industry. He’s taken a hit recently.

1 Like

Yeah the industry definitely has it’s ups and downs. (I got out in an up, took the savings and built a business. It’s worked pretty well.)

2 Likes

I retired at age 40 from the military to persue a small business based on the Glowforge. I’m 42 now, thank God I was in the financial position to withstand the extra wait!!!

2 Likes

I had this whole thing about wage slavery and freedom. This is one of my experiments that I can only perform in myself (no one else will let me do it).

My last was on fitness, Even though I was never particularly gifted with the best appearance, I was able to get pretty ripped with a “men’s fitness” magazine look. It validated my ideas towards fitness. (YouTube channel coming).

Anyways, this experiment is to break out of the “rat race.” My theory is that people are naturally productive. Even if given the choice to do nothing, they will produce something of value to other human beings. - and money has no value, only the human activity that is motivated by money.

Blah, we’ll see…

4 Likes

That was smart. You always need a backup plan, because nothing ever goes perfectly in the business world. :neutral_face:

You will never work harder for anyone else than you do for yourself. That’s a fact.

Hope you enjoy it…it takes a special kind of insanity to do it, but if you love what you’re doing, it isn’t a burden at all.

2 Likes

I’m pretty conservative financially. I paid off my mortgage (in 2 years and 4 months, yes I’m a freak). I knew my expenses were less than my pension before I put in for retirement. Any money the Glowforge business makes is fun money.

2 Likes