Camping, tiny style, may involve rodents

I’ll just put this for you here @Jules

https://www.boredpanda.com/cute-hedgehog-azuki-camping/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook

11 Likes

Puts a BIG smile on my face! (And all the cute little accessories make me want to get another hedgie just so I can dress him up and take him camping.) :smile::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee:

2 Likes

Too funny!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Took my ferrets camping once. They had a blast!

3 Likes

Oh, I had ferrets too once…wonderful pets. A little bit on the stinky and destructive side, but extremely affectionate. :grinning:

1 Like

They actually smell like corn chips and if you Dare to, their tails smell like grape Kool-Aid powder!!
Fun crazy critters though!

3 Likes

Okay, I must admit, I never tried that last bit! ROFL!

I loved to watch them bounce sideways - they never actually walked anywhere.

1 Like

I had a ferret when I was a kid. He was awesome! He even knew his way home.

Anyways, when the girls begged me for ferrets (without my influence), I couldn’t resist.

This was my attempt to keep them in their own room…

5 Likes

I only have a female now and she’s definitely crazy! Loves to steal paper and stash, I know… Weird, and also the dogs toys. But she’s definitely bouncy!

1 Like

Yeah, like that worked!

1 Like

Interesting fun fact about ferrets:

They have an extremely long coital duration. I had a breeding pair, (not intentionally), and the timing on their sessions when she went into heat literally ran six to eight hours at a time. This became extremely inconvenient when they decided to hook up under the bed or in the middle of the living room floor and I had a date coming by. :laughing:

7 Likes

I can’t discribe how hard I worked on that built in gate only for it to fail so miserably! Hahaha, we got the biggest kick out of if so it was all worth it!

1 Like

Um… A little uncomfortable I’d say!

Definitely! :smile:

My female could get her cage opened. She even escaped twice one morning and came upstairs to tge bedroom and crawled into bed with me.

2 Likes

All my ferrets have been fixed. What happened? Loud noises or what?

1 Like

No they were very quiet about it. But they weren’t going to move either until they were quite done with what they were doing. (I wasn’t about to interrupt.) :smile:

3 Likes

For that matter, I think they’ve all been males. Sadly, our cutest own just died from canine distemper. The girls were heartbroken and it made me question my decision to get them.

3 Likes

I had one chew through the dryer hose and escape into the neighborhood for a little adventure. Scared me to death because I was afraid someone would kill him thinking he was a big rat.

Sorry to hear that. I wound up having to give mine away when I got transferred. I still miss those little monsters.

1 Like

Pets teach about death, that is in everyone’s future. Unavoidable, and also a valuable lesson.

9 Likes