Can anyone convert dxf file for me?

Hi,

I found a dxf file online but I don’t have any cad software… could you help with transferring to pdf or svg?
骰塔1.4_3mm.dxf (145.5 KB)

It is from instructables.com

I believe inkscape opens DXF files now, inkscape 1.09 handles that sort of thing a lot better than it used to.

I’ll pop it open and save it out as svg but you definitely can do it.

1 Like

Try one of these :slight_smile:

https://convertio.co/dxf-svg/

https://cloudconvert.com/dxf-to-svg

4 Likes

Hmm actually that gave an error. Something is amiss with that DXF that Inkscape doesn’t like.

There are online converters, if you google “DXF converter” you’ll find a lot of options.

Hmm cloudconvert failed too. This file is definitely screwed up.

Convertio succeeded, but I’d look very carefully to be sure it did it correctly:

骰塔1.4_3mm

Download link

5 Likes

Failing that, there are some great dice tower options in the Free Files area here. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Several: Search results for 'dice tower' - Glowforge Owners Forum

This is one of my favorite:

1 Like

Thank you for the links… however I am looking for a design that I can use to resell… I beleive that complex one is not for commercial use :frowning:
But yes any dice tower file I can use to modify (with logo or text that customer gives) and use to sell would be appreciated

You can not re-sell designs you download from Instructables (or Thingiverse, or here…)

2 Likes

If that is the case, you will need to make the design yourself, or purchase rights to one.

1 Like

For Thingiverse and Instructables the uploader can choose which license to publish under, it’s possible the file OP posted has some commercial leeway.

True, but the default is no, and this particular design does not specify (I checked.)

I’m merely specifying as your statement made it sound like a hard no on all things Thingiverse/Instructables.

Inkscape says the following when I try to open it:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dxf_input.py", line 624, in <module>
    DxfInput().run()
  File "/Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/share/inkscape/extensions/inkex/base.py", line 123, in run
    self.save_raw(self.effect())
  File "dxf_input.py", line 613, in effect
    entities[entity]()
  File "dxf_input.py", line 96, in export_POINT
generate_ellipse(vals[groups['10']][0], vals[groups['20']][0], w / 2, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0)
NameError: name 'w' is not defined
1 Like

Yes I scanned many models before finding this one where rights were open, that is why I had this one as test to cut but dxf seems corrupted so it looks like I am on my way trying to find one that has the proper rights to use for commercial use. If anyone has such a model please share with me :slight_smile:

There are designers who sell patterns on Etsy that include commercial use rights.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.