Can someone help and let me know how to cut out pictures already printed on wood

So I printed up a bunch of pictures already on the wood. But now want to cut them out. But I cannot find an option for it. I know I can cut them in squares or round but I am trying to cut them in the shapes there in. Just got my unit and still trying to learn how to use it if someone could help I would appreciate it.
Thanks,

Hey, welcome to the forum.

That’s a lot of information about how to do this, and we can help you get off the ground but we do need a little more info.

What software are you using?

Can you upload the picture in question? Worst case scenario one of us can just make this one for you to get you going, and point you toward a how-to.

Regardless of how we proceed with this project, I’d strongly recommend taking as much time as you can stand to read through the basics, it’ll pay off. You can get started here:

There’s a bit of a learning curve, but it’s a fun one.

1 Like

Oh and here, this search can show you just how complicated or simple “cut out a shape” can be:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=cut%20outline

There are lots of ways to do this, and the method you choose will depend a lot on what software you’re using and what your photo looks like.

1 Like

You can also try the “outline” function, the button looks like a little mountain.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.