Can the glowforge engrave a stethoscope?

I’m not seeing anything other than cutting. Is the Gf able to engrave on the stethoscope metal part, not the tubing. Thanks

1 Like

I would assume so, I would probably use the MacBook setting. Now I want to try it.
I’d secure it down so it doesn’t shift and run a fast score on the area taped over to make sure it was exactly lined up. Open, take off tape, engrave. Just need to make sure the rear fan doesn’t hit the bell, and it would be without the crumb tray depending on the stethoscope.

3 Likes

Hey welcome. Check out #11:

3 Likes

Your Glowforge cannot engrave any metal. It can mark anodized aluminum, e.g. MacBooks, but I’ve never seen a stethoscope with an AA head.

Another option is to use a laser-marking compound such as Cer-Mark on a metal object, laser it, then clean off the remaining compound.

Good luck, and welcome to the community!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
You will find that the search function of the forum is a powerful tool for helping you get the maximum benefit of Glowforge ownership.

Here is a link to some discussions of engraving stethoscopes: Search results for 'stethoscope' - Glowforge Owners Forum

3 Likes

Me neither so I googled. Of course they’re made:

4 Likes