Canceling Pro and Filter

NOOO!! :sweat:

But if your projects need something different Itā€™s something you need to doā€¦ still is so sad, we are gonna miss you.

3 Likes

Dang it!!! sorry to see you go, but totally understand the reasoning. Sounds like you have some ā€œBIGā€ plans, hope you can share sometime in the future!

3 Likes

If you donā€™t mind, what have you decided to get which will fit your needs?

4 Likes

But you are THIS || closeā€¦!

:cry:

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking at a Thunder Laser Nova 24. Itā€™s Chinese but has a pretty decent rep and US support. Iā€™ll probably end up with a 60-watt tube (presumably true 60 watt), rotary axis, and a few other accessories. The exhaust fan is supposed to be pretty quiet which was a major concern of mine with the GF.

4 Likes

As GF shipping got closer I started looking at the jobs I wanted to do in more detail and discovered that many of them wouldnā€™t quite fit the GF work envelope without a fully functional pass-through and that was part of the driver.

1 Like

Will you be posting your experiences with it on YouTube? Facebook (love to dogs and cats vid you have there)? Vimeo? or??

3 Likes

Maybe on Youtube, but you are probably confusing me with someone else - I donā€™t have any dog or cat videos there.

2 Likes

Guess so. I saw a Mike H in the Facebook Glowforge Users Group.

EDIT: Do you have a YouTube page setup that we can keep tabs on?

2 Likes

Yes I looked at the spec and thought you must have given up on the pass through working.

2 Likes

I was looking at the nova 24 after the most recent delay. I would be really surprised if it is any quieter. The videos i have seen of it sounded louder then any of the GF videos i have seen.

I did like the larger size and the rotary, but in the end i really didnā€™t want to deal with a Chinese laser. Even if it does have support. Plus i really like the GF software better then anything iā€™ve used or seen.

1 Like

Aw Iā€™m sorry to see you go man. You will be missed. Hopefully they wonā€™t scrub your posting ability for a while and you can share your laser exploits with us.

4 Likes

Not given up on the passthrough working so much as not being sure how long it would take for it to work. GF has been pretty quiet on Pro status and Iā€™ll be honest and say that concerned me too. Iā€™d have liked to wait for the June update before making this decision but just couldnā€™t do it.

5 Likes

So sad to see you leave! We will miss you!

2 Likes

GF exhaust seems to have been quite variable and they might have quieted it down quite a bit in the production units. Iā€™ve been in correspondence with another Nova 24 owner and he claims that his is very quiet, but thatā€™s probably in the ear of the beholder.

2 Likes

Hate to see you go but totally understand. Good luck with what you do get.

1 Like

Thanks @takitus - Iā€™ve really enjoyed your PRU exploits. Iā€™m at least a month away from getting anything else so am pretty sure my posting ability will be gone by then. Maybe Iā€™ll post my experiences on the alt-GF Facebook group. The real GF group doesnā€™t seem appropriate unless a competitor warning is warranted.

2 Likes

Really sorry to see you go, @MikeH. Itā€™s been fun having you here. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Dang. Hope it all works out for you. At least you were able to put the wait time to good use. Thanks for all your contributions.

1 Like

Every time I liked a post on this thread it said display hidden content, if I somehow did that by accident and it is hiding conetent in your screen let me know please and I will take off the likes

1 Like