Cannot find the issue with this SVG

opened the SVG in AI from your zip file,
deleted empty layer named “base”
changed cut lines to red, est. date to green.
ungrouped everything
using the selection tool, right-clicked image layer, then left clicked;
selected “crop image”;
cropped down to one copy of Depot.
Deleted all extra cutline/dates.

copy/pasting that for eleven versions gave me a 2:22 job time. (using the Dark Engrave proofgrade setting for Maple Py. Dropping the LPI will obviously cut some of that time down.)

2 Likes

Do you get the same display when you use the zip file?

Thank you for the breakdown and display!

Looks like I won’t be able to save any time trying to group the individual ornaments into a single unit…

All of your help @jbv @scatterbrains @Zerbyte @jamesdhatch @caribis2 @kittski @PrintToLaser (and the excitement factor of @SunnyStarbucks )

I will take your notes and comments to my mental knowledge base for future projects! :beers::clinking_glasses::wine_glass:

3 Likes

I usually find that next project comes up after they’ve made some change/fix to the app and I don’t need that knowledge anymore :smiling_face: I’m getting like a grandfather knowing how to do tons of things in ways that aren’t relevant anymore :grinning:

3 Likes

Great minds think alike. I did the exact same procedure and it’s processing now. Only think I did different is a little adjustment to the raster (contrast/sharpen).

It displayed fine. I just switched to outline view and the red x box is to show you that it is not displaying the raster graphic in that spot. Sounds like you’ve got a solution figured out, though?

Most 1-1/2" tokens I could get was 72 on the first job, but only 56 on the second go round. From 340 lpi to 225 saved me 40 minutes on a print, but was still 2-1/2 hours (12 of 'em) without a noticeable drop in quality. Yeah, under magnification you could see it but didn’t come close to drawing your eye.

Most efficent use of a sheet was to cut it at 9-1/4". 56 on one and 48 on the other.

6 Likes

I got 84 on the artboard (inside a 19x11box) but the top row wouldn’t fit on my PRU. Didn’t matter since it barfed in the GFUI on more than 21.

That is a good trick. Nicely done. Gonna stash that in my token file.

1 Like

I nested them and packed 105 on a sheet but the UI borked.
I had trouble the second time getting the same amount as the first, and queried support. Turned out the second design was more complicated.
Yeah, I just kept loading the 56 token file and deleted the ones that wouldn’t fit the sheet of 48. Being able to delete aspects of the file in the UI is really handy. They have managed a lot of little features like that, enabling us to further manipulate the files already loaded. :sunglasses:

1 Like

There might be an issue with the “9” in the font. If you want to test this, try changing the “9” to a “1”, “2”, or “4” (or just remove it, or change it to an “E”, “s”, or “t”. if you want a placeholder).

What’s wrong wit’ the “9”? In Rhino I used trial and error to find that there is an extra point in the corner of the inside line that forms the hole in the “9”.

I recommend changing the font to a similar one as a solution. Or rasterize it and send it to the GFUI like that.

Now I’m going to actually read the thread…

7 Likes

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

There’s a problem with our software in handling very long engraves and it looks like that what’s happening here. Like others have suggested, you’ll probably need to reduce the number of ornaments you print at a time.

Regarding the ornaments that didn’t fit and were ignored: the maximum printable area is 11 x 19.5”, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

Good luck with your ornaments!