Can't engrave vectors with fill only

If the software can’t do it. Please stop the job from processing and alert the user.

Put two pin-sized dots in my leather after trying to engrave twice, before giving up and rasterizing.

Engraves of vectors with fills is totally correct (as I’m sure you know). Post the file if you want more feedback, but it sounds like you were doing it correctly, so chances are if it was acting weird it’s in your file.

1 Like

fieldnote%20wallet%20v2%20copy

I was engraving the “red”. It might have been to many points.

Might have been the spell check kicking in.

3 Likes

Maybe. I don’t remeber. :slight_smile:

I was in a hurry to recreate the vector version that I did not save

1 Like

I mean it doesn’t look like anything is wrong here. Assume you are trying to engrave the words, and cut the green/blue lines? Loading it up in the UI seems to be good?

One thing that can go wrong is that not all fonts engrave as you see them. I find that if a font is giving me hell, ungrouping all the letter paths then performing a union on them (in inkscape) essentially rewrites all the paths and I have fewer problems.

Given that you recreated this file and it’s not the exact file that was giving you trouble I don’t think I’ll take it any further than that. I will just say that filled vectors generally don’t give me trouble unless the path is “wrong”, like not closed or otherwise strangely ordered. I don’t see anything really busted on your font paths, but I do see a lot of duplicate nodes that are on top of each other. (upper left point in the “m” in “I’m”, for example)

I’m not the best forensic SVG dissector on the forum, maybe someone else will find a real problem, idk.

Another possibility is not giving the red preview time to fully load before pushing the start button. It can take longer than you expect for engraves.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for the trouble with your print.

I’m looking into this, and I’ll be in touch as soon as I have more information.

I having same problem with this file.

i-heart-guide

Not to the point for your posting, but the word ‘remember’ is missing an ‘m’.

@jbmanning5 did point out that typos might cause glowforge’s spellchecker to overload the cloud server’s processors and cause print failures.

1 Like

Okay. It printed after few tries. This time the estimated print time was longer (by 20 seconds) and it printed.

Thank you so much for your patience. I’m sorry for my late reply.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an intermittent issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.