Canvas Pet Portraits

These are FANTASTIC! Well done!

These are fantastic. You might have pushed me over the edge to try out some stuff on the canvas I have laying around.

Spectacular results! Very realistic looking! :grinning:

Amazing! I really must try this. I have used the laser to do silhouette cutouts on canvas but never thought to try engraving. Your engravings are absolutely wonderful!

These look really great. The detail level is fantastic.
Is the canvas raw or pre-primed?

Those are beautiful – the detail is really lovely.

Gorgeous! Love how it looks you’ve done some tea stain or otherwise get a sepia tone on the background of the horse.

I have to ask, were these the gesso coated panels? (as most art/craft stores carry). So the laser is etching thru that layer, or is it etching the fibers, too?
I’m sure getting too deep could weaken the canvas itself & so having right settings is critical–bet less risk of canvas failure if it’s applied to panel, vs. stretched on a frame!

2 Likes

Really good detail. Very well done.:sunglasses:

Thanks!

These are so good! Your file prep is really spot on on well done. I love using the Canson Art Boards like below, is that the same stuff you are using?

4 Likes

No, I buy flat panels from Michaels, their brand, That art is beautiful!

Thanks, it’s nice to be friends with a very talented comic book artist :slight_smile: I’ll have to check out the Michael’s board, it looks like the texture might be a bit finer.

Wow, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Bella!

1 Like

Thanks!

What settings do you use on these flat panel canvases?

Settings information on non-Proofgrade items can be found with a search in the Beyond the Manual category:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=settings%20engrave%20canvas%20category%3A18

2 Likes

These are phenomenal! The talent and artistry of others constantly amazes me. Question: How do you manage the smell of the canvases after printing them? I tried a spray sealant, but now I’m thinking they smell like char AND Krylon. :wink: I’d be grateful for any tricks of the trade to at leas minimize it!

Beautiful work! Is this all done in the glowforge or did you paint over it also? Thank you for sharing, I will have to give this a try!

just amazing, I’ve been trying to do this with photoshop but can’t seem to get enough contrast or engrave deeply enough. Thanks for sharing

1 Like