Captain Jack Sparrow Rum box

I haven’t done anything Pirates of the Caribbean yet (I’ll still give it the Legends treatment at some point, I’m sure), but I came across this whiskey label style design for Jack Sparrow rum, so I used that and made a small living hinge box with a cursed coin and Piece of Eight sliding latch. I need to make some adjustments though, it’s too tight of a fit and not only did I need to break out the razor blade and do surgery to get it to fit together, but the hinge has to stretch to reach the tab and it’s more spring loaded than I’d like.

Inner dimensions end up being just over 2x3x1 (not including the space in the spine curve), perfect for a stack of wallet sized photos (of all the reasons WHY the rum is gone, of course :smiley:)

Thanks for stopping and taking a look, until next creation, Happy Forging!

40 Likes

Not sure that “cute” is the right word … but I always find tiny things to be cute! Love your creations!

6 Likes

Another fabulous design!

4 Likes

Do you have an Etsy store or do you just do all these for your own pleasure?

1 Like

Why am I getting it confused with Capt. Jack Harkness Rum? That would be a rum to die for.

4 Likes

It’s perfect!

3 Likes

That’s great. I love that (including the Rum :joy:).

3 Likes

Looks great!

3 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

Okay, I think I need one of those done up in fancy “Crown Royal”. (Probably wouldn’t be nearly as cute as the rum design though, with the coin closure.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Yes, you definitely meant “Adorable!” :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Oh sliding lock is pretty legit!

4 Likes