Cardboard Living Hinge Box

This is great. I really like the look of the outside with the box graphics intact.

2 Likes

Thanks, and Happy Cake Day!

2 Likes

Very useful! Thank you for sharing your design!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

This is a great thing to make cool boxes with cheap cardboard and fabric. Too bad I have no workspace for the time being.

3 Likes

Is there no affordable work space/storage space in the area? I had one in Key Largo years ago that was little more than a room with electricity and a garage door, and even know of one around here but my body is no longer up to managing it.

2 Likes

I thought your design was really clever and had considered trying it I just thought Iā€™d send you these pictures of something I got as packing material today.

6 Likes

I received a package with a similar type of packing material last month! But mine was just a large sheet of single-layer paper, whereas yours looks like a padded envelope! I thought it was so much better than bubble wrap or styrofoam peanuts.

2 Likes

I got something like yours in a box one time and couldnā€™t bear to recycle it. I know thereā€™s an eccentric piece of wall art in there.

2 Likes

Yep, I still have mine too, just knowing ā€œIā€™ll use it for something.ā€ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My house has become a hoarderā€™s palace because ā€œI think I can use this for something.ā€

3 Likes

Like you, I take the fine art of salvaging seriously.

2 Likes

I have gradually have had to learn to let go of all the stuff I collected that had potential or could be repaired. I would be like:

Me: Why are you throwing away that chair?
Whoever: What chair? That is an old tray?
Me: Tray? All it needs is a backrest and some legs!

We have downsized from a large home with a basement used as my hobby shop/tool shed/hoarders lair, to a small apartment where I keep the bare minimum hand tools, have a small home office, and have to move the :glowforge: to vent in the guest bathroom every time I want to use it. :cry:

3 Likes

I go through spurts where I just start getting rid of everything. And my husband started the ā€œone thing comes in, one thing goes outā€ policy. I told him the problem I have with that is that he wants the one thing out to be instant, before I have a chance to figure out if itā€™s going to work as well as the old, and I have replaced many things that I now hate and have to replace again and regret the old that I loved. We thought we were going to downsize when we moved here to Tennessee, but now, especially with all the farm equipment and the Glowforge, we have more than we ever have had!

3 Likes

At this point I have seven power chairs, two are working, two more could be with new batteries, and the rest a lot of otherwise unobtainable parts, including nice seats for regular chairs with just the seat destroyed. Refurbed they would be worth 1k each and there are probably four that could be refurbed out of it.

There is only one issue. I cannot play with them to make good working chairs as long as my body is bad enough to need them. There are several things that could be refurbed, and a few more I just need to repair to keep going that I need but my back will allow none of it. You never think about that when you are 20 and setting goals.

3 Likes

I wonder if any schools in the area would like to have students try to fix them for you? Either high school or college. It would be good training for the students, and give you the benefit of getting them refurbed. Just a thought.

4 Likes

Oh, boy , do I get that one. They kept telling me I could be anything I wanted to beā€¦until I became so ill I had to drop out of grad school and be effectively disabled at 25. Never got to be anything.

3 Likes

Sure you got to be something, just not what you expected. Now youā€™re a Glowforge designer. And weā€™re glad!

5 Likes

Really!

2 Likes

Also an amazing artist and miniaturist of some fame.

3 Likes