Cardstock Engraving

I love engraving on all kinds of papers with my Glowforge! These are small cards I’ve had for ages and decided to make a stack to keep track of project’s GF settings in my binder

45 Likes

That’s a pretty way to keep track of settings. :grinning:

2 Likes

The engraving appears gold in the pics. I haven’t tried engraving paper, but I’d have expected it to be a dark color. Is it different per paper type and color?

They look really nice!

1 Like

Yes, it engraves different depending upon the paper. I have cardstock with a different colored “core” which engraves beautifully and looks 2-toned with the coordinating colors. I’ll try to post pictures if I get around to engraving those papers again.

9 Likes

Thank you for the explanation!!

Very nice!

This surely beats the post-it notes I have scattered all over with setting scribbled on them.

Yeah I had post-it-notes and pieces of scrap paper all over the place! These definitely got me organized! On another note, my son and I put settings and other info on our “One Note” so we both can share with each other. He lives in another part of the state. I think it’s so neat he can do a project from his home–as long as I’m there to load the GF and push the button! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Would you mind sharing what settings you used? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I love sharing! :smile:
The settings I used for cardstock weight is SPEED 300, POWER 32, HT .010"
For detailed cutting on cardstock is used SPEED 500, POWER 1 - for large cuts
on cardstock - for small detail cuts -SPEED 305, POWER 50

Hope this helps

17 Likes

Thanks. Also, I’ve been looking for some cardstock that is white but has a black core. All I’m finding at my local hobby stores is colored paper with white core. Any idea where I can find the white with black?

I actually looked for that at one time and all that came up for me was playing card sites and gameboard/card sites. Try those :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Hmmm. I’m not sure if there’s a standard weight or grade that cardstock comes in. I got a pack of cardstock at Michaels and some posterboard from Walmart; these cut nicely at 500 speed and 40 power on MANUAL SCORE with a material thickness of .001.

1 Like

Found this info about cardstock

image[quote=“mmullen501, post:1, topic:22512, full:true”]
I love engraving on all kinds of papers with my Glowforge! These are small cards I’ve had for ages and decided to make a stack to keep track of project’s GF settings in my binder
[/quote]

7 Likes

10 Likes

I LOVE it! Great contrast :slight_smile:
Do you mind sharing your settings?
Is that “textured” cardstock?

2 Likes

I used The Paper Studio Textured Cardstock Brights from Hobby Lobby. Settings were 1000 speed, 16 power, 270 lpi.

7 Likes

I engraved some heavy paper a while back and was pleasantly surprised at how great the engraving came out. I used a white paper, the engraved color was a tan color.

edit: I think the paper was 100pound card stock

2 Likes

I just stumbled across this! Love! Do you mind if I ask what brand the two toned core cardstock is that you’re using?