Cat lover hugs in leather

A while back I made a plaque for my veterinarian’s office. I’ve made new versions of leather, rather than foam core board. I expect these will be part of a purse, or backpack:

I found the leather in an upholstery sample book at a thrift store. The leather is supple so it will need some kind of cloth stabilizer. I just cut the same design from the two pieces, and put one into the other.

I’m going to give the black cat golden eyes, since they are really that color.

43 Likes

Very nice design! Are they like leather patches?

9 Likes

Love the design!

9 Likes

Much larger; about 6" wide. I was concerned with losing the fine details at weak spots where the design narrows. They will be more like applique rather than patches.

9 Likes

That’s adorable! Is it your own design?

6 Likes

No, but thanks. I think I found it on Etsy. Look for Kot Panno. I think that was the name of the design. (Cat in hands?)

7 Likes

Oh, those are very nice indeed, and I love that it’s a twofur.

8 Likes

That is a great design you did! Love it when you can make two from the same cut!

4 Likes

Great use of negative space.

6 Likes

It really makes the design, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

I love this!

3 Likes

I did a twofer with a dog/cat yin Yang graphic from ClipArt.com or iClipart or whatever they’ve changed it to today…

This is the cardboard preview; haven’t been able to finish it in BW acrylic yet.

6 Likes

I like that! I can envision a book for cat/dog owners–front cover has the cat in the ‘up’ position, back cover has the dog in the ‘up’ position. (Or vice versa, of course.) Or a t-shirt. Lots of opportunities in there.

2 Likes

How cool!

1 Like

I thought so. Wish I knew who the artist is - they have a lot of work on the site and it’s all great.

1 Like