Catacomb guitar

Almost finished, just waiting on the tuners to come in.

42 Likes

That’s pretty wicked.

12 Likes

yeah, i was a little skeptical about yellow when chris suggested it, but it works. and then once he put on the antiqued brass hardware, it really came to life.

10 Likes

Very cool, indeed. It really works!

7 Likes

A scary idea indeed.
It looks really great close-up, but if played before a crowd, would they be able to make out the design?

6 Likes

Depends on how intimate.

5 Likes

awesome!!!

7 Likes

The title seemed odd for a moment…but, now I understand. Perfect name for that pattern. Looks fantastic!

10 Likes

That turned out awesome!

5 Likes

Agree with @Xabbess about the title, and was hoping for skulls – did not disappoint! The antiqued brass hardware is the perfect match.

8 Likes

For only the playing of death metal :smiley:

Beautiful work!

3 Likes

Looks amazing

3 Likes

Did you etch directly onto the finished body or is this some laminate on top?
In any case it looks amazing. Congratulations @shop, superb as always.

4 Likes

thanks.

engraved right thru the yellow lacquer finish.

5 Likes

Really nice work, as usual!

Also, you liked my guitar robot project–I have an update and some sound files. If you’re interested, let me know via private message.

2 Likes

Wacky! :skull::skull_and_crossbones::skull::skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

Did you get the whole body of the guitar to fit inside of a Glowforge? i mean body now not the whole guiatr lol…

Mine would not fir in a Glowforge Plus, so i cannot see how you even did that…

i want tosee it inside of a glowforge if you do nto mind…

i don’t have a spare body to take a picture of right now, but if you take out the crumb tray, both telecaster and strat bodies fit in just fine.

3 Likes

Well, maybe I have something. Not a full shot, just san “in progress” image I sent my building partner for another guitar and a super short video of right before the second half of the engrave for this one finished up where the two engraves meet. not sure if that’s enough to help you see.

This is with the guitar rotated so the horns are up under where the laser tube sits when it’s not running, all the way out of the engrave area.

and this is the video of the catacomb engraves coming together. this is rotated 90 degrees from the first image, where i’m engraving from neck to bridge instead of from top to bottom of the guitar.

8 Likes