Catalog Bookmark - score or laser?

Those that have done the bookmark from the GF catalog… did you engrave or score? I have a sheet full to make and if I engrave it will take over 2 hours… yeah naw thats too long…

Wondering if you did score versus the engraving? Bonus for a photo…

1 Like

Why not just try it? Seems like a score job would take almost no time, and then you’d be able to not only answer your own question but also show us the results! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Because I don’t want to waste my proofgrade …

So do it on some scrap? I’m sure you have some piece of material laying around. Even cardboard would be a reasonable test…? Also I am not talking about doing a full sheet test, just a single bookmark. That’s not too much material to use on a test?

7 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion…

1 Like

Oh you could also scale it to half size to save even more material (thought hat might not give you a clear idea of how the lines will look, because they’ll be closer together that way.

You can also put a small piece of scrap in (smaller than the bookmark design), and just see how it looks on that part, even a couple of square inches of junk material might be enough for you to get an idea?

Oh! Use the glowforge proofgrade printer paper setting and throw a piece of plain printer paper in? That’s practically free! :slight_smile:

Anyway I suggest these workarounds because your request is pretty specific, I’m not sure if you’ll find anyone who has made that design and scored it. Maybe you will, but if not a little creativity will help you get rolling sooner than later.

8 Likes