Catan Card Holder

Hey everyone! I have missed it here! We have been playing Catan A LOT over break and I finally decided to make a proper card holder. I am also working on my Fusion360 parametric skills so I drew it so the material thickness could be changed. It works up to .25" then start to have some interference issues. The attached SVG is for 1/8" material. It will have to be glued together.
It can stand upright or you can lay it down too!

Happy holidays!

Catan Card Holder_125
Catan Card holder 3 v17.zip (760.5 KB)

60 Likes

You magnificent #@^&@. I need something just like this and have been putting off designing it! Thanks!

8 Likes

Wow. Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Kind of you, thanks!

3 Likes

Amazingly well thought out complex design. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Playing around in Fusion a little more this morning I decided to try an assembly guide.

Holder Assembly.avi (7.3 MB)

3 Likes

Hi! Thanks so much for creating this! I tried to download it, but it comes out in a format that can’t be opened by Illustrator. Help!

1 Like

The .zip contains a Fusion360 file. The .svg is immediately above it, you need to download and open that.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, so basic, I can’t believe I needed help with that!! Ugh, quarantine has got me all upside down I guess. Thank you so much! Cutting this today for our nightly dinner Catan game with the kids!

1 Like

This is great! Thank you.

1 Like

Super! Thank you for sharing. Trying to get in-laws into this so I have an excuse to make it. :wink:

2 Likes

lovely idea! Does it fit in the standard catan box?

Thanks, Yes if you pull out the plastic frat that is in there, which is what we did, then all the cards just stay in it

I am a newbie…day 2 with my glowforge and made your card holder. One thing I have learned is put together first then paint.

6 Likes

Gonna make this for me and my wife for when we play magic :smiley:

2 Likes