Catbus Phone Stand

Another farewell gift, this one for our office manager, who is a Totoro fan.

It was adapted from the “Simple phone stand” posted here: Simple phone holder with lots of design potential - #26 by smcgathyfay

And no, I have no idea why the cat is a bus. I also don’t know why it says “ah” on the front. It’s just a vowel; it means nothing at all. :woman_shrugging:

31 Likes

Very nice. How did you get the coloring into the material? Is it just painted and I have zero depth perception?

It’s painted with acrylic paints. :slight_smile: The gold edges are Rub ‘n’ Buff.

5 Likes

Ooooh! Wouldn’t have spotted the gold edges until you mentioned it…but those are NICE! (Need to get some of that.) :+1:

3 Likes

Beware, it’s highly addictive!

3 Likes

I totally read this as “catbutt” phone stand. I won’t say I was disappointed upon opening the thread…

10 Likes

Cute/Fierce!
I did notice the edges - have to get some of that too!

4 Likes

I’ve been here several times and still see “canbus”…

5 Likes

You are in your element with the going away gifts! Very nice work.

3 Likes

I sure didn’t know what to expect when I clicked on this post, but it is, in fact, a catbus. Who knew? Finest one I’ve ever seen, too.

4 Likes

Oh dear. (That gives me an idea.) :smile:

2 Likes

Definitely not the animal control van or a place to plug in a bunch of cats. I thought “Oh! a cat that’s a bus… Nah! that would be silly” then “Wow it really is a cat that’s a bus!” an amazing rendition :heart_eyes: now if you could make that in a phone case…

2 Likes

Hi just trying to find the link to download this ?
thanks

There isn’t one – forum rules prohibit sharing designs that are not our original work, so Catbus can’t be shared, sorry! There is a link in the first post to the basic phone stand that I used, though.

1 Like