Celtic Key Pattern Embossed Velvet

I’m speechless. Never would I ever have thought of something like this. So impressive.

1 Like

Must.Not.Buy.A.Heat.Press (holds breath…)

(breaths) whew! that was close. I just saved myself a ton of money at the fabric store alone!

But seriously, I will do this someday. What a cool idea, @evermorian .

8 Likes

If it’s any consolation, they have come way down in price (like -80%) since I bought that one in 1996. It was a pretty indulgent purchase at the time.

Definitely happy I still have it for this and other projects, though.

3 Likes

That is sweet! That is tons of inspiration in on post, too. That makes me go Hmmmm and the ideas or on the way! Nice work!

3 Likes

oops, wrong post…

Oh wow this is really inspiring!

2 Likes

Doesn’t this make you want to check your stash–or better yet, run right out to the fabric store.

2 Likes

Guilty.

2 Likes

Ha, I just got back.

1 Like

what’dya get??

I am on fabric store lockdown until I make more things with the existing stash. GOOD THING I planned ahead and already have a bunch of laserable velvet. :laughing:

5 Likes

I was actually looking for a pattern, didn’t find it. However, I did get one pound of tanned moose hide, a bag of large scraps for lasering, and a ton of dyeable yarn from some knitters stash…alpaca! Also a bag of white paracord (nylon, can be dyed w/wool dyes) for making decorative knots on outerwear.

My fabric store of choice is a local cloth recycling business, Ragfinery. You can find the most amazing things there, but not always what you need. I totally forgot I was there for the pattern and some upholstery velvet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

This place sounds amazing. What a cool haul anyway. You found what you didn’t even know you needed yet.

1 Like

This is brilliant! I’ve also seen some folks engrave patterns directly on velvet - I can see tradeoffs to each approach. Nice work!

2 Likes

Beautiful :star_struck::+1:t3:

1 Like

I love the tool utilization…Great stuff…

1 Like