Celtic Knot Trivet

yes but even as an after thought, it will personalize it for her and my brother, before the Covid, they did a lot of entertaining and the words seem to fit them. Definitely appreciate the feed back, it gives me things to think about and adjust moving forward.

5 Likes

I love Celtic knots and that one is beautiful.

5 Likes

My perception? Perfect!
It has a “polish” on it that reflects a design skill beyond a novice. Nice work! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I think it’s beautiful. Very fond of Celtic work.

4 Likes

I think this is really lovely…especially for your first project from concept, to design, to completion. Congrats…you’re on your way!

5 Likes

A gorgeous piece of work. I understand making do with what is handy so not really a criticism but I would try to have the grain run with the wood and not use MDF for very much (though I may be in a minority on that point) I have discovered that unless totally sealed it returns to its original sawdust way too quickly,

Also, I run this for each new material and keep it as a reference set of what works and what doesn’t, and what settings will burn it or not.

3 Likes

Wow, we are looking forward to seeing more of what you make. Very nice gift.

2 Likes

Stunning work! Admittedly, I have a wee soft spot for all things Celtic, but that doesn’t change the fact that this is absolutely beautiful.

6 Likes

This is amazing for your first design! I really look forward to what other designs you come up with!

I think you are going to be a great addition to this community!

6 Likes

That’s lovely

3 Likes

Thank you all, as a community, you are more than kind. I have some sh…tuff in the works.

5 Likes

Super nice layered design—well done!

3 Likes

Lovely project - too pretty to put hot items on and possibly mess up! I’m looking forward to seeing what else you make.

3 Likes

I love the layered design of this. It makes for a really nice contrast.

2 Likes

Ok, just a quick update…I listened to the advise, made some changes and made 2 of them. Yes my sister-in-law will still get one but not the prototype. The second one is for my daughter but the bestest surprise of all is I get to keep the prototype for me.

I tossed together a son-in-law gift today but I’m gonna remake it as well, tweak it a bit and make it nicer

I did the artwork from a photo

F150Logo

10 Likes

what are the different layers made of? way cool!

3 Likes

The trivet has a base of some white hardwood, not sure what it is, the 2nd is cherry plywood proofgrade and the 3rd is some deep red hardwood, Just stuff I had laying around. The key fob is mirrored acrylic, balck acrylic and some more of that deep red wood I had.

3 Likes

Be careful. If the first gifts you give are this good, they are going to expect something extra spectacular next year. Well done!

3 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Well, if I did this in just under a week, I have a whole year to figure something better off. If I don’t then my family always tell me I’m a disappointment so it’s win/win.

1 Like