Celtic polyhedral

Well, if this is the end for awhile, you’re going out with a bang. Your latest one is absolutely gorgeous!

6 Likes

Had to look that up…
I could see @pubultrastar tackle that, but he really needs a different kind of challenge… one that doesn’t create more objects sitting around. Something more practical maybe.

4 Likes

That is outstandingly beautiful! Good luck in your next endeavors, please continue to share!

3 Likes

What a beautiful exit project. I hope, however, that you are just taking a break from polyhedrals so you can focus your artistic talent elsewhere. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

5 Likes

Your polyhedra are always mind-blowing but this one beats all the rest. I can understand having trouble one-upping that. The only thing I can imagine is making a blind fastener that would not show on the outside. If you are 3D printing the connections anyway I would think a snap connector would not be difficult to add that would snap into a half drilled hole. :grin:

4 Likes

Super nice way to wind up the series!

4 Likes

I’m working on something epic. Soon…

4 Likes

I have designed one like this, but eventually just found it easier to glue a second layer on top to hide the screws, kinda like the Pentegonal Hexecontahedron. I have created over 23 different complex polyhedrals, and still have connectors designed for another 6 or so. Just don’t have the motivation anymore to come up with new designs for the outsides. I’m sure I’ll come back to it someday, but I’d like to explore other things besides just being the Polyhedral King… :wink:

9 Likes

Your designs are beautiful and I never get tired of seeing them. :blush:

4 Likes

This is one of my favorites!

5 Likes

You have of course been that. Amazing creative stuff long before the first one I saw.

2 Likes

Wow! That is so beautiful! Your polyhedrals are just so amazing, but this one just really looks amazing! I love the art you put into it and the wood just looks awesome.

I almost feels imperial with a celtic twist!

3 Likes

I know I said it on the FB page, but damn! every time I look at it I am in awe!

4 Likes

I’m a big lover of Celtic work … and this is either my favorite piece of yours, or very close.

2 Likes

Thanks. Maybe we should vote on it. :wink:

3 Likes

Nope! No way to choose a favorite. They ALL are!

6 Likes

I would love to do one engraved with all the animal companions names.

3 Likes

What type of fasteners do you use to connect the ‘faces’?

They are 3D printed internal connectors designed on Fusion360. I use Stella4D to get the dihedral angles to use in Fusion360.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like